Friday, June 26, 2009

where will it stop??

Once again I was a victim of progress. Yesterday my middle child and I wandered the wilds of our fair state to register said child in college. While there, I found myself in need of a restroom.
While in the restroom, I noticed that the toilets were the automatic flushing kind, and the paper towel dispensers were the automatic kind. Some restrooms have automatic water dispensers, I've even seen restroom with automatic seat liners- at each flush, the old liner goes down and a new one is put on the seat.

Let me ask you-- how many times have the automatic flushers worked good for you? have you ever walked into a stall that HADN'T been flushed? or had one flush before you were ready? (and splashed you in the process?) or had one not to the full job it's supposed to do. Have you had to wave your hands around in some weird ritual-trying to get water or paper? You, too, have been a victim of progress.

One day, having endured all this progress with disgruntlement, I got to wondering where the progress would end. How far are we willing to go to save energy and protect against germs? Will the future hold automatic wipers on public toilets? What about automatic shakers/tappers/ zipper-uppers at public urinals? This is a very slippery slope we stand on the precipice of.

Oh, and who will test the product?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They also have self cleaning toilets in Austria, riveting! Sometimes progress does no mean better it means your hiney gets wet.

SEO said...

I really think you will do much better in the future I appreciate every thing you've added to my information base.
designer sarees indian

SEO said...

Thank you for posting this type of great content…I was looking for something like this.I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such type of nice blogs.Keep sharing.thanks.
Buy modern furniture online

SEO said...

Is really a rare meet the good article, moderators, many efforts to write such articles. Also can see our products, very affordable and fashionable
salwar kameez

SEO said...

Hello there are utilizing WordPress on your site program? Iam new at all to the blog entire world nevertheless. Iam trying to get started out and set up my own. I additionally heard about Drupal is fine. Will see my personal option.... Informative article, thanks.
printed sarees