Saturday, December 20, 2008

Men-- perpetually male

The male of our species do not change. It's Jeff Foxworthy, I think, that has a bit in his routine about what a man think about. And he tells us...." I'd like a beer, and I'd like to see something nekkid". (For those of you who don't know, this comedian is from the south. In the south they don't run around "naked", they run around "nekkid")

But south, north, east or west- men don't change.

A square dancing club came in one night to the assisted living to entertain the residents. Since most had gone to their rooms, I went and let them know that the dancers were here, would they like to come watch. One of our gentlemen residents- I'll call him Bob, -as a matter of fact, I'll call ALL the males I talk about here "Bob"- anyway, when I told Bob that the dancers were here, he asked what kind of dancers. I told him square dancers, he replied that he 'guessed not'. But added that next time we should get strippers in- he'd be right there to watch, and he bet another resident, Bob, would be to watch too.

So, ladies, let this be a warning to you, even when they are too old to cut the mustard, ya still can't make nothing out of 'em but a man

No comments: